What is the cost of Cataract Surgery in Amritsar?
Cataract surgery is a very common and effective way to treat cataracts. Cataracts are a clouding of the lens in your eye that can cause blurry vision. Surgery is usually the only way to remove cataracts.
The cost of cataract surgery in Amritsar can range from Rs. 12,000 to Rs. 1,50,000. The average cost of cataract surgery in Amritsar is Rs. 38,000. The cost of cataract surgery depends on the type of surgery, the Surgeon’s experience, the hospital’s location, and other factors.
Factors determining cataract surgery cost in Amritsar?
As we all know, cataract surgery is a very common and expensive procedure. There are several factors that determine the cost of cataract surgery in Amritsar. Some of these factors are:
1. The type of cataract surgery: There are two types of cataract surgery, namely, phacoemulsification and extracapsular extraction. Phacoemulsification is the most common and expensive type of cataract surgery. It involves the use of high-frequency sound waves to break up the cataract and then suctioning it out of the eye. Extracapsular extraction is a less common and less expensive type of cataract surgery. It involves making a larger incision in the eye and then removing the cataract in one piece.
2. The experience of the surgeon: The experience of the surgeon is another important factor that determines the cost of cataract surgery in Amritsar. Surgeons who have more experience usually charge more for their services.
3. The type of hospital: The type of hospital also plays a role in determining the cost of cataract surgery in Amritsar. Private hospitals usually charge more than government hospitals.
4. The location of the hospital: The location of the hospital is another factor that can affect the cost of cataract surgery in Amritsar. Hospitals located in urban areas usually charge more than those located in rural areas.
5. The severity of the cataract: The severity of the cataract is another important factor that determines the cost of cataract surgery in Amritsar. Surgery for a more severe cataract usually costs more than surgery for a less severe cataract.
These are some of the factors that determine the cost of cataract surgery in Amritsar. If you are planning to undergo cataract surgery, it is important to keep these factors in mind.
Cost of lenses used for Cataract Surgery in Amritsar?
The cost of lenses used for Cataract Surgery in Amritsar vary depending on the type of lens and the brand. The cost of a standard lens ranges from Rs. 7,000 to Rs. 15,000. However, if you want a higher quality lens, the price will increase. For example, a premium lens costs Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 30,000.
Cataract cost packages available in Amritsar
As discussed above, the cost of cataract surgery can vary depending on factors such as Surgeon Charges, Type of procedure & Type of Lens / IOL. At Eye Mantra Amritsar, we offer affordable cataract surgeries starting Rs 10,000. Cataract is covered by most insurances. At Eye Mantra Amritsar, we also offer EMI/ Cashless & Insurance facilities. Below are cataract cost packages offered at our eye centers in Amritsar:
|MICS / PHACO in Amritsar||Monofocal||10,000 – 30,000||1.2mm incision|
|MICS in Amritsar||Multifocal||30,000 – 50,000||Anti PCO ring, Blue light filter|
|MICS in Amritsar||Trifocal||45,000 – 80,000||HD Vision, Anti-Glare, Anti PCO ring, Blue light filter|
|MICS in Amritsar||Toric||30,000 – 50,000||Anti-Glare, Anti PCO ring, Blue light filter|
|Zepto Cataract in Amritsar||Multifocal / Trifocal / Toric||50,000 – 70,000||Robotic lens insertion|
|Femto Cataract in Amritsar||Multifocal / Trifocal / Toric||60,000 – 1,00,000||Laser cataract | Smaller incision | No stitches|
Which insurances / panels cover cataract surgery cost in Amritsar?
Almost all insurance companies cover cost of cataract surgery in Amritsar including Oriental, Star health, HDFC Ergo, ICICI lombard, Care, New India , National, United India, Bajaj Allianz, Chola Mangalam, Aditya Birla, Bharti Axa, Cigna, Future Generali, IFFCO Tokio, Max Bupa, Reliance, Kotak Mahindra, Sbi General, Tata Aig, Universal Sompo, PNB & Go Digit. Panels such as CGHS, DGHS, ECHS & ESI also cover cataract.