We believe that everyone has the right to see things clearly. That is why we have chosen to devote our life to offering people with the finest eye doctors available.
Book Free Consultation
Book Appointment or Video Consultation online with top eye doctors
Cataract surgery is needed when the eye’s natural lens becomes cloudy, obstructing vision. The surgery involves removing the clouded lens and replacing it with an artificial lens. Cataracts are a common cause of vision problems in older adults. Surgery is usually successful in improving vision.
Cataracts typically develop slowly and painlessly. They can cause blurred or hazy vision, trouble seeing at night, and colors that seem faded. If left untreated, cataracts can eventually lead to blindness.Cataract surgery is a relatively safe and effective procedure. Complications are rare, but can include infection, bleeding, and retinal detachment. Cataract surgery is usually performed on an outpatient basis, which means you won’t have to stay in the hospital overnight. The procedure usually takes less than an hour. You’ll likely need someone to drive you home after the surgery.
After your cataract surgery, you will likely experience some discomfort and will need to take some time to recover. Here are a few things to expect during your recovery period:
- You will need to keep your eye clean and protected. Your doctor will give you specific instructions on how to care for your eye.
- You may experience some blurry vision or light sensitivity immediately after surgery. This is normal and should improve within a few days.
- You will need to avoid strenuous activity for at least a week after surgery. This includes lifting, bending, and straining.
- You should not drive for at least 24 hours after surgery. If you must drive, be sure to have someone else with you in case you have any problems.
- You will need to see your doctor for a follow-up visit within a few days of surgery. At this appointment, your doctor will check your eye and make sure it is healing properly.
If you experience any severe symptoms after surgery, such as increased pain or vision loss, be sure to contact your doctor immediately. With proper care and rest, you should be able to recover from cataract surgery without any problems.